FMX 2022 Releases More Programming Highlights
FMX 2022 has confirmed more speakers and announced additional programming and partners for the first hybrid edition of FMX – Film & Media Exchange, onsite in Stuttgart. The event runs onsite May 3-5, online May 6 and on demand until May 31.
Then & Now – On Site
Chris Corbould – special effects supervisor:
- A rundown on Corbould’s Oscar-winning career as SFX supervision; he has worked on 15 James Bond films, including No Time to Die, and Christopher Nolan’s Batman movies and Inception.
Simon Weisse – model maker
- A dive into Weisse’s recent miniatures, models and prop making work, in particular the intricate building, vehicle and landscape creations on the Wes Anderson films The French Dispatch, The Grand Budapest Hotel and Isle of Dogs.
ARCANE: Behind the Scenes of the Hit Series (Netflix):
Philippe Llerena – Fortiche, chief technical officer:
- Llerena will share insights into the making of the popular series.
The Adventures of Paddington: Origins and Creation
Chris Drew – Blue Zoo
- Director of the Emmy and Annie winning production will give a talk on the origins and creation of the series.
- Drew will also discuss how to keep a long running show interesting for the audience as well as the team creating it.
Acting For Animators – On Site in Stuttgart:
Ed Hooks – actor, author, and acting trainer
- Hooks explains the connections between thinking, emotion, and physical action as well as the differences between regular reality and theatrical reality, scene structure, characterization, comedy vs. drama, heroes, and villains.
Concept Art (curated by Patrick Hanenberger – The Neuland)
Janice Chu (Bungie) – senior concept artist
The Importance of Graphic Design:
- Chu will give a presentation covering everything from user interface design to concept art and world creation, presenting a cross section of her work. After a brief introduction to UI design in games, she will show how she took her UI experience and uses it in concept art and when she creates her own worlds.
Dermot Power – concept artist
Concept Artist: Illustrator or Designer?:
- Power explores the role of a concept artist and shares behind the scenes look at his own work on the Fantastic Beasts series and other projects including an abandoned Tim Burton film.
Partners that have confirmed their onsite contributions to FMX 2022 include:
- Recruiting Hub: El Ranchito, Rodeo FX, Electric Theatre Collective, Untold Studios, Rise FX, Realtime UK
- Marketplace: Golaem, Dosch Design, Ranch Computing, Botcha3D
- Workshops: vrbn solutions, SAE Institute (On site & Online)
- Company Suites: Foundry
- School Campus: NFTS National Film and Television School, ifs Internationale Filmschule Köln, University of Luxembourg Competence Centre, Hochschule der Medien (HdM), University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria, SAE Institute
Tickets are available here.
Source: FMX 2022