ITFS 2022 Announces More Festival Highlights
The 29th Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film (ITFS) has announced more programming for next week’s event taking place May 3-8 online and onsite in Stuttgart.
- The world premiere of Lille Allan – Den menneskelige antenne (Amalie Næsby Fick, Denmark, 2022)
- Presentation of the multiple Oscar nominated AnimaDok Flee (Jonas Poher Rasmussen, et al. Denmark, Norway, 2021)
- Presentation of the animated anthology The House (produced by Nexus Studios for Netflix)
- Moderated online discussion with Oscar winners Allison Snowden, David Fine, and Nick Park
- Presentation of Animeo & Humania by the Aarauer Theater Marie with ITFS trailer maker François Chalet
ITFS will present the Trickstar Business Award, the German Animation Screenplay Award, and the Animated Games Award Germany at the Trickstar Professional Awards Gala on Wednesday, May 4, 6:30 p.m. at the L-Bank Rotunde in Stuttgart. The gala will be held in English and will be live streamed on Onlinefestival.ITFS.de in the ONLINE+ section.
The Trickstar Business Award honors companies and projects in the field of animation that have an innovative and groundbreaking business model. The prize money of €7,500 is sponsored by the Verband Region Stuttgart.
The nominees of the Trickstar Business Award 2022:
- ArtMinute – Die Asta Experience & Zentropa Productions (Hvidovre, Denmark): interactive animated series and short film formats for museums.
- Colored (Noire) – Novaya (Paris, France): immersive installation with augmented reality
- Yullbe GO – Mack NeXT GmbH & Co KG (Rust, Germany): virtual reality experience
The VR experience Yullbe Go can be tried out on site at the ITFS from April 30 to May 7, daily from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (except Sunday, May 1) at the Breuninger store in Stuttgart.
The nominated projects of the Trickstar Business Award will be presented on May 7, in the ONLINE PRO section at Onlinefestival.ITFS.de.
The German Animation Screenplay Award honors the best German screenplay for an animated feature film. The prize money of € 2,500 is sponsored by Animation Media Cluster Region Stuttgart (AMCRS). The award for the German screenplay with the biggest international market potential with a cash prize of € 1,500 is sponsored by Pink Parrot Media, Montreal/Madrid.
The nominees of the German Animation Screenplay Award 2022:
- Bird of the Year – screenplay: Wolfgang Lauenstein, Christoph Lauenstein
- Dino Mite / Minus Drei und die verlorene Stadt – screenplay: Armin Prediger, Andreas Völlinger, production: Holger Weiss and Dominique Schuchmann, M.A.R.K.13 – COM, Björn Magsig and Sandra Schießl, TRIKK 17
- Little Miss Santa – screenplay: Jasmina Kallay, production: Lilian Klages, Dreamin Dolphin Film GmbH
- Mr. Wiggles – screenplay: André Heeger
- The (mostly) marvelous Murray – screenplay: Christian Kaps
The Animated Games Award Germany 2022 is awarded to the best and most innovative animation-based computer game from Germany and comes with prize money of €5,000, sponsored by MFG Medien- und Filmgesellschaft Baden-Württemberg.
The nominees of the Animated Games Award Germany 2022:
- A Juggler’s Tale – developer: kaleidoscube GmbH, publisher: Mixtvision Mediengesellschaft mbH
- Minute of Islands – developer: Studio Fizbin GmbH, publisher: Mixtvision Mediengesellschaft mbH
- Dorfromantik – developer: Toukana Interactive
- OMNO – developer: Studio Inkyfox UG, publisher: Studio Inkyfox UG
- Lacuna – developer: DigiTales Interactive, publisher: Assemble Entertainment GmbH
Source: 29th Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film